I sometimes use affiliate links when sharing art with you. I hope to always keep The Art Folk ad free, using affiliate links helps me to cover some of the costs associated with running the blog.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Businesses offer affiliate programs because it increases their sales.
- The money received by the site sharing the affiliate link is paid directly by the website hosting the sale.
- The buyer does not pay more when an affiliate link is clicked.
- The artist receives the same amount regardless of whether an affiliate link is clicked or not.
A simplified example is as follows:
- You buy an 8″ x 10″ art print and it costs you $20.
- No affiliate link – the online marketplace gets $10, and the artist gets paid $10.
- With an affiliate link – the online marketplace gets paid $9, the artist still gets $10, and the website sharing the art with you gets $1.